Three extra Delhi hospitals have flagged a critical scarcity of oxygen and stated the Haryana authorities have blocked the tankers on the border. St Stephen Hospital, Holy Household Hospital and Sir Irene Hospital stated their provides will final a number of hours.
Listed here are the Prime 10 factors on this massive story:
- Haryana has accused Delhi of “looting” an oxygen tanker that was an option to Faridabad and ordered police safety for its tankers.
- State health minister Anil Vij stated, “We’re being pressured to offer our oxygen to Delhi. First, we’ll full our wants, then give to others”.
- Father George, the Director of Delhi’s Holy Household Hospital, informed that around 400 sufferers are on oxygen help and so they have provides until night.
- A Faridabad-based firm, which was their provider, has refused to carry any extra oxygen, citing “orders from above”, he stated.
- Dr John Punnos, Affiliate Director of St Stephen’s hospital, stated they’ve 500 sufferers and solely 2 hours of oxygen left. The oxygen, he stated, is being held up on the Haryana border.
- The Indraprastha Apollo hospital additionally complained about disrupted oxygen provide and stated its shares can final just for 10 to 12 hours. The hospital has greater than 350 Covid sufferers who’re depending on oxygen.
- Calling the extent “dangerously low”, Apollo’s Managing Director P Shivakumar stated it will have “critical ramifications for our sufferers, particularly the over 350 oxygen-dependent Covid-19 sufferers”.
- Delhi, struggling to handle an unprecedented surge of Covid, has been flagging a critical scarcity of oxygen. Yesterday, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia had listed quite a few personal and government-run hospitals which might be working low.
- The Arvind Kejriwal authorities informed the Delhi Excessive Courtroom yesterday that oxygen provider INOX was refusing to ship provides from its crops in Uttar Pradesh, saying it’d create a legislation and order state of affairs.
- Yesterday, three key hospitals in Delhi have been down to simply hours’ provide of oxygen. The GTB hospital had simply 4 hours’ provide, Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Jain tweeted hours after Max hospital and Ganga Ram hospital flagged their scarcity.